A cis woman sexually assaulted me a couple of weeks ago.
This just came to mind during a conversation on Facebook, and I realised I need to tell people about it.
A couple of weeks ago, during the Philadelphia Trans Health Conference, I was in a lesbian bar (Sisters, of course) with a couple of girlfriends, and we got involved in a casual conversation with two or three women next to us in the way that bar patrons will often trade tidbits about what’s on telly, or so. One of the women came up to me and very slyly made a remark about my body that left no doubt that she was cis and that she’d clocked me while she surreptitiously put her hand in my crotch just to satisfy her curiosity. I was wearing a short dress as a long top that falls just below my crotch over a pair of jeans.
I was so stunned by her behavior that my brain locked up, and since we were on our way out the door, the moment was over before I could even react. It wasn’t until a few minutes later, as I was walking down the block, that I realised what she’d just done, and the feelings of violation hit me like a ton of bricks.
I said nothing to my girlfriends, and I’m not sure if they saw it happen, but I haven’t been able to talk about it until now, when commenting on one of Pam Spaulding’s posts, where the subject of white people touching black women’s hair without consent came up. Here was what I said to preface the above remarks:
”I can sympathise. My Asian heritage has blessed me with skin that is very smooth compared to that of many of the white people I have known in my life, and it sometimes induces people who should know better to reach out and touch, and as a trans woman, people too often have laid their hands on various aspects of my body without consent or warning to assess their veracity, if you take my meaning.”
I couldn’t stop thinking about it all night. I was so embarrassed and ashamed, and after that night I’d blocked it out, until just now, when the memory was triggered.
To all my so-called “radical”, but actually reactionary, cisgender/cissexual political pretendbian lesbian cultural feminist chaser admirers who love to claim so often that trans women are by definiton dangerous sexual predators, go fuck yourselves. Cis women are just as capable and culpable of sexual assault as any other class of people, and trans women are the victims of these types of sexual assaults by other women far more often than you will ever understand or acknowledge.
To the woman who assaulted me, if you ever read this: You know who you are, and you had better hope you never come within my reach ever again, because if you do, I promise you, I won’t freeze.
- malaqueer reblogged this from chaseross
- iggidee reblogged this from chaseross
- fatwasandfanboys likes this
- the-patient-zero reblogged this from cannibaljackrabbit
- nerdbyrd reblogged this from hairypitsandtits
- inbtwnmyheadphones likes this
- bunny-king likes this
- bobetter reblogged this from cannibaljackrabbit
- ne-pas-couvrir likes this
- dannisaurus reblogged this from cannibaljackrabbit
- pixelspirit likes this
- iamkharijae reblogged this from cannibaljackrabbit
- abklynmyracle reblogged this from cannibaljackrabbit
- therizinosaur reblogged this from cannibaljackrabbit
- pearlwithagirlearring reblogged this from cannibaljackrabbit
- cannibaljackrabbit reblogged this from feministpizza
- hairypitsandtits reblogged this from gcvsa
- chemical--blood reblogged this from chaseross
- dancing-painted-bears reblogged this from feministbecky
- feministbecky reblogged this from theghostofbasedgaryoak
- dizzyconlang likes this
- schizophreniqua likes this
- cabbagepatchqueer likes this
- theghostofbasedgaryoak reblogged this from bijunn
- vexme likes this
- thenewoctuple reblogged this from the-science-alliance
- whatimpropriety reblogged this from biyuti
- misfitsinspace reblogged this from rachelevation76
- the-science-alliance reblogged this from mystertea
- rachelevation76 likes this
- blickblocks likes this
- francishooks reblogged this from manicpixiedreambakla
- garbageidiot likes this
- bigmantis likes this
- donutemergency reblogged this from biyuti
- louislouiton reblogged this from feministpizza
- confidencebucket reblogged this from chaseross
- welcometothewarren reblogged this from urban-pooka
- cupidstrick reblogged this from veeisagenderneutralname
- grinandbareit likes this
- wyldfire777 reblogged this from chaseross
- chosen-name likes this
- petticoatruler reblogged this from dignified-and-old
- werewolfscience-archive reblogged this from chaseross
- musingsfromhedon said: This happens to WAY too damned many of us. A few months ago a gay man walked up to me in a goddamn GROCERY store, and started squeezing my breasts because he assumed they were fake and wanted to know how I made them look so “real”.
- slothandstir reblogged this from chaseross
- lokavinr likes this